Saturday, November 05, 2005

Black Burned


Oh well, it had to happen someday and we have lost our first away game since Chelsea on May 7th. To put that in context, over that near-six month period, I have got married, moved apartments, made four return trips to London, and blissfully gone to sleep some 180 times wondering where the next away day defeat was coming from. Admittedly it is hard to lose away games during the summer, but you get my drift.

I suspected it might not be our day when I opted to make a coffee at 10.00am and by the time I'd located the commentary on my PC at 10.03am, we were already one down. Listening is difficult enough when we're merely drawing, so I opted for the genius of Jeff Stelling who gently guided me through the 4-1 defeat in his own inimitable style.

Perhaps we missed Smertin? Perhaps Blackburn are better than we might have imagined? Anyhow, with two defeats on the spin and one win in five league games, Curbs now has his first real challenge of the season ie. does he change the 4-5-1 formation which had served us so well, because it's possible we are getting found out?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home