Monday, October 30, 2006

Dowie acknowledges a negative thought

In a sensationally frank press conference, Charlton boss Iain Dowie has admitted that he recently had a negative thought.

In a voice choking with emotion and brimming with self-hate, Dowie acknowledged that he had let his guard down, but was determined to prove it was an isolated incident.

"I was emptying the dishwasher, when suddenly a plate slipped from my hand and crashed to the floor," Dowie sighed, a tear rolling down his cheek, "...and I must confess, that my first thought was 'bollocks'"

However, with his trusted lieutenant Les Reed at his side, Dowie somehow found the strength to reveal how the positivity reasserted itself. "I swiftly realised that the wife and I had been meaning to replace our dinnerware," Dowie insisted, "..and that this was merely the positive catalyst we needed to pursue our crockery ambitions."

1 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the Dowie household would use rubber plates,if only for their bouncebackability qualities.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home