Monday, December 11, 2006

Here boy

Back in May after the epic FA Cup Final, I paid warm compliments to West Ham, their style of play and by implication their manager. Just a few days earlier, I had suggested that West Ham were the 'new Charlton' given their fresh approach and blend of youth and experience.

Thanks to the same type of short-termism that has so far blighted our own season, we this morning have been handed an opportunity to install a 'proper' manager with Charlton pedigree. Let's not waste it.


3 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree m8, Snap him up!

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NYA,

As in the film Lock Stock and 2 Smokin barrels, old Vinnie Jones said a classic quote....

"In my opinion when I see an opportunity in my opinion I take it, and that's what I did,I took it!"

Well Mr Murray this is an opportunity to correct the deeds that have been done wrong, and you never know this could get emotional by the season's end!

Oooh I do hope so ;-0)

Joe

 
At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally agree.

He has "Charlton pedigree", passion and experience at the level we need.

Richard Murray has worked wonders so far. Surely he can see the opportunity here?

Pardew could be the light at the end of a long, LONG tunnel for us. Put Reed where he belongs, into a coaching position, and use Pardews experience to pull us out of this mess.

I'd recommend a short-term contract and a massive bonus if he gets us into 17th or above. I know its not very Charlton but we need short term fixes and worry about the long-term in May when we know which league we are be in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home