Friday, October 01, 2004

Scott Free to Move?

There have been rumors about the return of Scott Parker but this seems the first time that there may be some meat on the bone. It has been debated at length elsewhere whether he'd be welcomed back, but I would certainly love to see him in a Charlton shirt again regardless of his behaviour upon departure. Perhaps I'm naive but I suspect his young mind was turned by agents and I recall he was visibly upset at the press conference about leaving us. More importantly however he is a quite exceptional footballer, perhaps the best I have ever seen at the club. As a fan of football as well as Charlton, it is not good to know that one of England's best midfielders is languishing in the reserves at Chelsea and out of view. He was a pleasure to watch and in some matches he shone like a beacon amidst the mediocrity of some of his teammates and opponents. I think everyone deserves a second chance, particularly when still relatively young.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home