Friday, December 09, 2005

Team for Saturday

Curbs has had plenty of time to think about ways to rectify Sunday's debacle, and whilst I don't hold my breath for radical changes, I would like to see the following team take the field against Sunderland.

Andersen, Young, Hreidarsson, Perry, Sorondo, Rommedahl, Thomas, Smertin, Murphy, Ambrose, Bent.

This would be set-up as a 4-4-1-1 with Ambrose in the 'hole', but capable of going either 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 if the game requires it. The big risk is whether the midfield is too lightweight - the alternative would be to play Kishishev on the right side of midfield in place of Rommedahl, with the flying Dane available from the bench.

5 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think it is realistic to leave Kish out after last week. Kish and Smertin are essential to cover for our shell-shocked defense. Thomas will have to wait for Rommedahl to loose interest before he comes on. Sorondo has not had any good mentions from his reserve games so I am not sure on that one either.

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bearing in mind this is

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bearing in mind this is Sunderland, officially the worst team ever in the Premiership, I'd go with 4-4-1-1 too. My only differences to NYA's selection would be to bring in Powell for Sorondo and play Herman at centre half.

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't want to worry you, but the team news seems to suggest that Kiely will be playing, even though he has a bruised arm. Good one, Curbs!

 
At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly agree that we cannot leave Kish out. His quality both on the ball and when we don't have the ball is unsurpassed in the Premiership.

I also think we might see Perry back to his best today. Personally, I don't think it is completely out of the question that he will be on the plane to germany this summer. He has the gift of versatility and I reckon he would do a sterling job in midfield if sven wanted to mix it up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home