Friday, August 11, 2006

Target 100,000

Thanks to the surprise recognition by MSN UK, the hits to my blog have accelerated markedly and it has just surpassed the iconic 50,000 hit mark. Hence this is a brief post to say thanks for reading, and to announce the launch of a very Charlton-esque "Target 100,000".

Although the site counter was put on some time later, the blog began nearly two years ago focused almost exclusively on Charlton but I have tried to incorporate some interesting angles on expat life in New York, and American culture in general. I intend for it to remain approximately two-thirds focused upon Charlton (and general football issues), so staunch Addicks may have to excuse my occasional off-topic rants and raves particularly when I've had a few beers and the wife insists upon watching Extreme Makeover.

And following the rather unsavoury Sunday Times 'outing' of new literary sensation 'Girl With A One Track Mind', you can rest assured this blog won't be getting raunchier, not least because my parents are regular readers (Mum, don't click on the link). In the unlikely event that Charlton start playing 'sexy football' under Dowie, my days might be numbered.

2 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done NYA - I'll even hit F5 a few times to help you on your way.

Don't let all the success go to your head though. My missus's TV blog (http://zapeatrix.blig.ig.com.br for any Brazilians reading) got a huuuuge number of hits the other day and she's been banging on about it ever since. Very tiresome ;-)

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger ChicagoAddick said...

Well done mate. My Mum by the way is a regular reader of yours too!

CA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home