Friday, June 02, 2006

Murphy costs Charlton fair-play place

The petulant behaviour of Tottenham's 9th choice midfielder Danny Murphy has been blamed for Charlton's sensational eviction from UEFA's fair-play draw.

After the film-lover's red card for dissent on Boxing Day, I recall turning to my Dad and muttering, "I hope that doesn't cost us 0.016 or more in the race for the Fair Play coefficient." And to think that our midfield hardmen Holland and Hughes resisted their natural instincts to kick lumps out of the opposition in the final games of the season in order to avoid our booking count rising.

I've now got two return tickets to Almaty, Kazakhstan that will go to waste unless any readers want to use them. I'll even throw in two nights' accommodation at Hotel du Borat.

1 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hilarious lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home